Website Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES. BY CLICKING ON THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW, YOU AGREE TO BECOME BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK ON THE “CANCEL” BUTTON AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO USE THE SERVICES. COMPANY’S ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY CONDITIONED UPON YOUR ASSENT TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, TO THE EXCLUSION OF ALL OTHER TERMS. IF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE CONSIDERED AN OFFER BY COMPANY, ACCEPTANCE IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THESE TERMS.
The Web pages available at <www.carbonBLU.com>, and all linked pages (“Site”), are owned and operated by carbonBLU, LLC, a California limited liability company (“Company”) (Email Address: support@carbonBLU.com), and are accessed by you (“Subscriber” or “You”) under the following terms and conditions:
- ACCESS TO THE SERVICES. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Company may offer to provide certain services, as described more fully on the Site, and which are selected by You through the process provided on the Site (“Services”), solely for Your own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. Services shall include, but not be limited to, any services Company performs for You, as well as the offering of any content on the Site. Company may change, suspend or discontinue the Services at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or content. Company may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict Your access to parts or all of the Services without notice or liability. Company reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify this Agreement at any time by posting a notice on the Site, or by sending You a notice via email or postal mail. You will be responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any such modifications. Use of the Services by You following such notification constitutes Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as modified.
Subscriber certifies to Company that if Subscriber is an individual (i.e., not a corporation) Subscriber is at least 18 years of age. Subscriber also certifies that it is legally permitted to use the Services and access the Site, and takes full responsibility for the selection and use of the Services and access of the Site. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Site is revoked in such jurisdictions.
Subscriber will be responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to or access the Site or otherwise use the Services, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, and long distance or local telephone service. Subscriber will be responsible for ensuring that such equipment or ancillary services are compatible with the Services.
- SITE CONTENT. The Site and its contents are intended solely for the use of Company subscribers and may only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
This Site is protected by copyright as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions, and other copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Subscriber Agreement), create derivative works based on, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, software, materials, or Services in whole or in part.
Subscriber may download or copy the Content, and other items displayed on the Site for download, for personal use only, provided that Subscriber maintains all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal, noncommercial use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Company, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content’s copyright notice.
Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that if Subscriber uses any of the Services to contribute Content to the Site, such Content shall become Company property and Subscriber hereby assigns all rights, title and interests in and to such contributions to Company. Subscriber warrants, represents and agrees that it will not contribute any content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party. Company reserves the right to remove any content from the Site at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such content or if Company is concerned that Subscriber may have breached the immediately preceding sentence), or for no reason at all.
- RESTRICTIONS. Subscriber is responsible for all of its activity in connection with the Services and accessing the Site. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of Subscriber’s right to Services or to access the Site. Subscriber may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any Company user. Use of the Site or Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including materials that are deemed threatening or obscene, or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited. Subscriber will not run Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder, or “spam” on the Site, or any processes that run or are activated while Subscriber is not logged in.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. Company has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to Subscriber. Subscriber acknowledges that Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Site; what Content Subscriber accesses via the Site; what effects the Content may have on Subscriber; how Subscriber may interpret or use the Content; or what actions Subscriber may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. Subscriber releases Company from all liability for Subscriber having acquired or not acquired Content through the Site. The Site may contain, or direct Subscriber to sites containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. Company makes no representations concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Site, and Company will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Site. THE SERVICES, CONTENT, SITE AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Electronic Communications Privacy Act Notice (18 USC 2701-2711): COMPANY MAKES NO GUARANTY OF CONFIDENTIALITY OR PRIVACY OF ANY COMMUNICATION OR INFORMATION TRANSMITTED ON THE SITE OR ANY WEB SITE LINKED TO THE SITE. Company will not be liable for the privacy of email addresses, registration and identification information, disk space, communications, confidential or trade secret information, or any other Content stored on Company’s equipment, transmitted over networks accessed by the Site, or otherwise connected with Subscriber’s use of the Services.
- INDEMNITY. Subscriber will indemnify and hold Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, employees and agents, harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from (i) any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of Subscriber’s access to the Site, use of the Services, the violation of this Agreement by Subscriber, or the infringement by Subscriber, or any third party using Subscriber’s account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE CONTENT OR THE SERVICES: (i) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE FEES PAID BY SUBSCRIBER THEREFOR; OR, (ii) FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER.
- FEES AND PAYMENT. Some of the Services require payment of fees. Subscriber shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Site in connection with such Services selected by Subscriber. Company reserves the right to change its price list and to institute new charges at any time, upon ten (10) days prior notice to Subscriber, which may be sent by email or posted on the Site. Use of the Services by Subscriber following such notification constitutes Subscriber’s acceptance of any new or increased charges.
- TERMINATION. Either party may terminate the Services at any time by notifying the other party by any means. Company may also terminate or suspend any and all Services and access to the Site immediately, without prior notice or liability, if Subscriber breaches any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable. Upon termination of Subscriber’s account, Subscriber’s right to use the Services, and to access the Site and any Content will immediately cease. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
- TRADEMARKS. “carbonBLU,” and “carbonBLU” logo are trademarks and service marks of Company. All other trademarks, service marks and logos used on this Site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners. Company has made every effort to secure appropriate clearances for all proprietary intellectual properties used on this Site. If you believe any material on this Site is infringing, please contact Company immediately at: carbonBLU, Attn: President, 5701 Lonetree Boulevard, Rocklin, California 95765, or by email at support@carbonBLU.com.
- MISCELLANEOUS. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. Company shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond Company’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, mechanical, electronic or communications failure or degradation (including “line-noise” interference). If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by Subscriber except with Company’s prior written consent. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Both parties agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding of the parties and supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of this Agreement and Subscriber does not have any authority of any kind to bind Company in any respect whatsoever. Company reserves the right to change or update these terms and conditions of use at any time. Any changes or updates will be effective immediately upon posting to the site.
I ACCEPT [ ] I CANCEL [ ]
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services. We collect the following types of information from our customers.
Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or provide to us in any other way. For example, Company collects personal information about you when you sign up for the incentive program. This information includes, but is not limited to, your contact information, fleet operator information, maintenance costs, and operations costs. Once you sign up for a program or service, you are not anonymous to us. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our services or special features. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain products and services, customizing the advertising and content you see, and communicating with you about specials and new products.
Personal Information Collected Automatically: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Web site or services. We automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. We only use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Web site or services so that we can make the Web site appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and our Web site, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, we never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
Email Communications: We often receive a confirmation when you open an email from us if your computer supports this type of program. We use this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please so indicate as follows: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and request to be removed from all lists.
WILL COMPANY SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Personal information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share information only as provided below:
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Examples include emissions testing services and technology upfitters. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of personal information for the above purposes.
Third-Party Sites: Our Web site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other Web sites. Customers and visitors will need to check the policy statement of these other Web sites to understand their policies. Customers and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep such information private and confidential.
Protection of Company and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your account is protected by a user name and password for your privacy and security. It is your responsibility to protect this information. You need to ensure unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information to use, even though it may be needed to make a purchase or take advantage of our services.
You may request deletion of your Company account by sending an email to help@carbonBLU.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS; ADDITIONAL INFORMATION